Pages

Friday, 27 January 2023

Choices.


I wrote this poem after realising that there was more to life than settling down with my girlfriend at the time and having fun with my friends. I had a choice of either my girl or my continued drinking, and I regretfully chose alcohol, which led to another disastrous chapter in my life.

                                                                    Choices

One night, I woke up after having a terrible dream; it made me scared and made me scream. 

My heart was thumping ten to the dozen; my body was hot like I had slept in an oven.

Confused and dazed about where I had just been, my eyes wide open at what I had just seen.

It was realistic, as though someone was chasing me; I was running slow, I couldn't go fast, and I couldn't get free. 

These nightmares began happening when I stopped the beer when I suddenly gave up at the beginning of the year.

But my nightmare had only just begun; this wasn't going to be easy; it's not going to be fun.

I know I shouldn't, but I need a drink to get my head together to think. To think about the beer and to think about the wife, which one will make me happy for the rest of my life.

I have a choice, either my girl or the beer; I'm sorry, love, I'm sorry, dear; I'm off to Thailand; I'll be back next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How it all began. (main page)

Have you ever had that nagging feeling that doesn't go away until you research and all is revealed? Well, that happened to m...