Pages

Friday, 27 January 2023

My love.


This poem came about after realising what could have been if I had listened to my gut feeling and taken action. How could life have been so different if I had turned right instead of left?

And now, I wonder if my life would have been like the couple in the poem.                                                                  

                   My love

We love sitting in the garden in spring, having coffee while listening to the blackbirds sing.

We like camping in the woods with the dog, just sitting beside a fire-burning log.

We love the birds, the bees, and the wind rushing through the trees.

We like walking hand-in-hand barefoot on the beach, skimming stones on the water, to see how far we've reached.

We love playing in the snow late at night, making snowballs for the dog, and having a fight.

I love my girl; if I were an oyster, she'd be my pearl.

We both like lying naked in bed, re-enacting the night we wed.

This is what we used to do: thank you for the memories, babe, it was a dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How it all began. (main page)

Have you ever had that nagging feeling that doesn't go away until you research and all is revealed? Well, that happened to m...